Thursday, May 22, 2008

Some ATC Cards


This week I made a couple of ATC cards -- one for my friend and ATC buddy, Francine, and one for me to keep. Francine and I get together once a month (or at least we try to get together once a month) and try new techniques. Last month Francine taught me a technique where we took brown paper bags, scrunched them up, got them wet and then put three different acrylic paints (two complimentary colors and one complimentary metallic color) on them and gently used a brayer to blend the colors. The background in these are from that day. The face buttons I had gotten in the Haight-Ashbury district of San Francisco this past fall at a neat art store called Far Out Fabrics and Art Supply. I've been wondering what to do with them, and this was just the thing.

No comments: